rssLink RSS for all categories
 
icon_red
icon_green
icon_red
icon_red
icon_blue
icon_green
icon_green
icon_red
icon_red
icon_red
icon_orange
icon_green
icon_green
icon_green
icon_green
icon_blue
icon_green
icon_orange
icon_red
icon_green
icon_red
icon_red
icon_green
icon_red
icon_red
icon_red
icon_red
icon_orange
icon_green
 

FS#724 — FS#4762 — server8.sqlprive

Attached to Project— Hosting
Incident
private sql
CLOSED
100%
Private servers have been moved to new physical servers, following the failure of the server8.sqlprive and the consecutive failure of the replacement server.

Be careful, given to the physical server's change, you must select another server for the FTP connection. Consult your private sql manager
by clicking on "summary" in the left menu to know your new physical server for the FTP.

This change has no impact at the level of the functioning of your databases.
Date:  Thursday, 04 November 2010, 18:35PM
Reason for closing:  Done
Comment by OVH - Monday, 01 November 2010, 17:21PM

The problem has been fixed on Saturday. No more alerts.

We have several clients that escalated problems.
The concerned team was called back to check the
problem.


Comment by OVH - Monday, 01 November 2010, 17:26PM

There were two problematic zones that we have fixed.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 08:41AM

The server is showing again instabilities of a hardware origin. An intervention is ongoing.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 08:43AM

The server was changed with a spare on Saturday, yet, the spare presents a default as well. We will probably have to replace the server again.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 09:50AM

The intervention time is bad. We did not have enough
hardware crashes in order to be able to prepare for the
modification procedures. We will improve this in the next days.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 13:05PM

The new server is ready. We will proceed to the replacement.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 13:08PM

This does not go well. We will try to mount the discs
on a server in production then copy the data on
different sql. The goal is to restart the service as soon
as possible. We will see after that the why and the wherefore
of the hard.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 13:09PM

The data were mounted on another server. We are dispatching the private servers on the other existing physical servers.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 13:11PM

The 1st is functional. We launch the copies of other private sql.
We need to count between 45min to 1h for all of the sql to be up.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 14:35PM

90% of the private servers were re-put online. We will finish the remaining 10%.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 14:50PM

Practically, all of the servers were re-put online. There is still a familiar problem with two private servers which we will fix as soon as possible. If you still encounter further difficulties with your private server, you can send an email on tony@ovh.net indicating the name or the IP of your server in addition to a rapid description of the encountered problem.

NB: the functions of the manager will be available a few minutes later while updating the information concerning every service.


Comment by OVH - Tuesday, 02 November 2010, 15:02PM

The functions of the manager are available again.


Comment by OVH - Thursday, 04 November 2010, 18:35PM

The last 2 servers were re-put online.

We are waiting so that we check if a problem persists before the closure of this intervention.